Posted by Kyle Lacy, April 26, 2011
It is always important to stay on top of trends in the industry. While I don’t encourage actually strategy and budget decisions being made on just statistics… it is important to understand the growth and decline of tools in the marketing world.
I stumbled across this infographic on Mashable from Ignite, a social media consulting firm. There were some pretty spectacular stats built into the graphic. Here are the top five:
1. The youngest demographic social networks (Ages 0-17) are Habbo.com and imvu.com
2. Surprisingly, imvu.com was also one of the top social networks with the highest percentages of women.
3. The oldest demographic social network (65+) is Plaxo.com and Newsvine.com
4. The top fastest growing social networks are Tumblr, Weibo and LinkedIn
5. The top three richest social networks (income) are LinkedIn, Plaxo, and Yelp.
It is important to note that the study is pulling data from all over the world. Even more important to note… it appears that the growth of social networking and social media tools is leveling off.
What do you think about the stats and the growth rate of social media?
Originally Posted at Kyle Lacy.