If you’ve been following my recent reflection series here at She Takes On The World, you’ve already read about some of the major shifts happening since I settled into our new headquarters in LA — a couple of thousand miles and one green card away from where my journey first began in Ontario, Canada.
If you haven’t stopped in check it out, you can find:
- Part 1 (about my move from Canada to the U.S.) here
- Part 2 (which dives into the miracles that happen when you follow your intuition — and why I moved to L.A. despite everyone telling me not to!) here
- Part 3 (where I get raw about why I had to blow my own heart apart) here
- Part 4 (a look at the perfectly imperfect new ‘She Takes On The World’ brand we’re creating) here
One big shift I mentioned in the last post is that we’ve started working on a total rebrand of She Takes On The World. It’s a huge undertaking, and definitely a challenge for my inner perfectionist, but it’s been a full 10 years since we first launched the site, and it’s definitely time for an overhaul.
As I reflect on all the ways I’ve changed and my business has unfolded over the course of this incredible journey — this journey that I’ve been walking side-by-side with you — I realize how grateful I am to be here still, doing what I do and serving you in the best way I know how.
I can hardly believe it was five years ago that I first interviewed Danielle LaPorte. We’ve both come a long way since then! It was fun to revisit our initial conversation during my latest interview with her about her new book, White Hot Truth — now available for pre-order — which I’ll share with you in just a moment.
Before I do that, I want to share something important with you: My own White Hot Truth.
Because I’ve found that, with the immense sense of gratitude that comes from running a service-anchored business like this for so many years, comes the call to give more. To give back. I so badly want to equip you with what you need so that you can take action to change your life and enjoy YOUR journey to the fullest.
That’s why part of the new She Takes On The World will be to deliver more TRUTH…
The kind of real, raw truth that will prepare you in the best possible way for the storms that will, inevitably, rage across your path and threaten to uproot you. And the kind of habits, routines, and rituals that will keep you grounded and connected to your own sense of truth and purpose and power, no matter what.
One of the biggest changes ahead is this:
For the longest time, my brand (even one of my books) has carried an image of me, sitting in a regal chair, perched on top of the world. I look poised and polished and perfect…
Except that’s not the reality. I’m not poised and polished all of the time, and my life is by no means perfect. I never intended to portray an image of me, on top of a pedestal, peering down at everyone else as if to imply that I’m somehow superior.
If you’ve come to any of my events, or if you’re a part of the Conquer Club, you’ve experienced how much of an open book I am when it comes to sharing my personal stories and lessons. I want that to carry through in everything that we do here at She Takes On The World in the future.
The truth is:
Even if I happen to be a little further ahead in my journey than you are, I’m still right by your side, cheering you on every step of the way.
The truth is:
Nothing else would give me more joy than to see you succeed.
The truth is:
We’re all in this together.
So, in my videos, you’ll start to see me stepping out of my studio a lot more. I’ll be completing challenges with you each week, and creating more of an experiential community, which will provide you with real, honest insights into my life — whether we’re on the beach, in my apartment, or somewhere else entirely.
This serves two purposes:
1. I get to release perfectionism (phew!), and feeling like I have to look, talk, or act a certain way in order to deliver value to you — something I’ve struggled with my entire life, and…
2. I get to get out into the world and into ACTION. Plus, I get to be vulnerable and real and lead by bringing what I’ve learned into the light.
As I talk about in my interview with Danielle below, my biggest White Hot Truth was giving myself permission to change my mind — about what I share, what I don’t share, how I grow my business, and how I start my day.
For example, something I haven’t talked about much before is that my success really comes down to conscious habits and routines, and making one intentional decision after another — day after day, until the right choice becomes instinctive.
So, fair warning: There may be screw-ups and unexpected reveals as we venture into the next iteration of She Takes On The World, but I’m finally giving myself permission to share ALL of it — just like Danielle does in this interview…
It’s no wonder she’s the original fire starter and white hot truth teller.
In this interview, we talk about:
- The 3 biggest lies that we fall for (02:37)
- The thought process that goes into every single one of Danielle’s launches, the art of service-anchored communication, and Danielle’s two-word business plan (07:41)
- The reason she says “no” to high-paying speaking gigs… frequently, and how this kind of discernment has helped her along the road to success (11:14)
- The journey that led to her writing her new book, White Hot Truth — and the conversation with Steven Pressfield that inspired her to write the book that actually needed to be written (15:36)
- The human dilemma of loving yourself, and how to stop seeking love from others and find it within, instead (18:59)
- How to get into a place of joy without guilt, and why you don’t need to suffer to make a contribution (24:03)
- How to find the right man when you’re spiritually enlightened (28:41)
- Why Danielle doesn’t believe in soul mates (30:59)
- The difference between boundaries and barriers, and how to create healthy boundaries in your life (32:22)
- One of MY biggest White Hot Truths — and some of the best parts of my first interview with Danielle five years ago, revisited (36:23)
Good news! I have ONE signed copy of White Hot Truth up for grabs.
If you’d like it, answer the question that Danielle poses at the end of this interview in the comments below:
“Out of all the things you’re doing to be well and good, what do you want to deepen and give more attention to, and what should be retired?”
Deepen: Meditation first thing; reading books that bring me joy
Let go of: Eating oatmeal for breakfast; internet dating
I can’t wait to see what you choose!
This post was originally published on this site